The 2011 Fundraising episode goes on-air tonight at 2am and 6am! Featuring new tracks by Tennis, RAA, and Destroyer, along with some favourites from Portishead, Veal, and St. Vincent. Also happened to find a cool cover of the Bjork/Thom Yorke duet “I’ve Seen It All”, re-worked by Bonnie “Prince” Billy (aka Will Oldham).
More important than the music this week is CFMU’s ongoing Raise Your Voice campaign. We’re looking for listener and supporter donations to help keep McMaster’s community radio station going strong. Donate $30 or more at cfmu.mcmaster.ca and you’ll get a Friends of CFMU card, good for deals and discounts at a variety of businesses in the Hamilton community, including restaurants, cafes, and shops.
Want to double your impact? myboytheriotgirl’s Fundraising Gimmick 2011 is to match all donations made through this website!
So please donate, and support CFMU in redefining, independent radio in our Hamilton community!
- Junior Boys – Work (Begone Dull Care)
- Portishead – Strangers (Dummy)
- Foals – Total Life Forever (Total Life Forever)
- Tennis – Long Boat Pass (Cape Dory)
- Veal – Skid (Tilt O’ Whirl)
- No Joy – Still (Ghost Blonde)
- The Rural Alberta Advantage – The Breakup (Departing)
- Real Estate – Snow Days (Real Estate)
- Bonnie “Prince” Billy – I’ve Seen It All (Ask Forgiveness)
- Destroyer – Poor In Love (Kaputt)
- St. Vincent – Marrow (Actor)
- Junip – Far Away (Rope & Summit)
- Jenn Grant – Stars To Waves (Honeymoon Punch)