So, to get into that “light a fire and pass me my sweater” mood, we’ve got a few autumn-time selections for this week, plus a bunch of up-and-coming Canadian artists to warm us up. There’s a great new track from Regina’s Library Voices, who recently released their Summer of Lust album (worth a listen!), as well as music from Toronto’s Modern Superstitions, Evening Hymns, and Lou Canon, who shares a very pretty and timely duet with Hayden.
We also go international to hear from boy-girl duos Slow Club (UK), and Mates of State (USA), who both gifted the world with brand new albums this fall, and The Knife (Sweden). This particular brother-sister duo can please your ears as easily as they defy description, so we close out this week with the first two tracks off their seminal 2006 disc Silent Shout.
Tune in and throw us a lifeline next week as we try to avoid drowning in a deluge of new music from artists like Bjork, Wilco, Dum Dum Girls, and Ohbijou (who play This Ain’t Hollywood tonight)!
- Fleet Foxes – Helplessness Blues (Helplessness Blues)
- Library Voices – Generation Handclap (Summer of Lust)
- Lou Canon – In Fall (Lou Canon)
- Modern Superstitions – Love That Beats My Heart (All the Things We’ve Been Told)
- Purity Ring – Belispeak (Split 7″)
- Charlotte Gainsbourg – Terrible Angels (Terrible Angels – EP)
- M83 – Claudia Lewis (Hurry Up, We’re Dreaming)
- Atlas Sound – Te Amo (Parallax)
- The Clientele – The Violet Hour (The Violet Hour)
- Slow Club – Two Cousins (Paradise)
- Evening Hymns – Broken Rifle (Out Of This Spark)
- Mates of State – Palomino (Mountaintops)
- The Knife – Silent Shout (Silent Shout)
- The Knife – Neverland (Silent Shout)