Fourteen songs today, sprinkled with some covers. Of Rush, of Morrissey, and some by Cuff the Duke, Tracy Thor and more (this season’s free Paper Bag Records sampler is a good one, so we sample with pleasure!).
Mike and I get to a 2003 Yo La Tengo track that fell off the #250th, but not before we hear local crew the Arkells (their video for “Kiss Cam” is nominated for a 2011 Bucky Award). And sticking close to home, we handle a request to play fellow Hamiltonians Thoughts On Air.
Nice re/meeting Sandro Perri and his bandmates on their recent jaunt to Art Crawl last week, so we hear a great long playing selection from his latest, Impossible Spaces, that’s been stuck in our heads since sound check (and, apparently, it’s not just us).
Next week we’ll hear songs off the new Atlas Sound and Los Campesinos albums. Maybe a double-feature show? Ooooh…
- PS I Love You – Subdivisions (Figure It Out)
- The Bandana Splits – Everyday is Like Sunday ((Morrissey Cover))
- Siskiyou – Fiery Death (Keep Away the Dead)
- Arkells – Kiss Cam (Michigan Left)
- Real Estate – It’s Real (Days)
- The Cave Singers – Distant Sures (No Witch)
- Yo La Tengo – You Can Have It All (And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside-Out)
- Tracey Thorn – Night TIme (The XX Cover)
- The Walkmen – Paper House (Lisbon [B-sides])
- Cuff The Duke – Always Looking (Dum Dum Girls Cover)
- Coeur de Pirate – Adieu (Blonde)
- Miracle Fortress – Tracers (Was I the Wave?)
- Thoughts On Air – warm parka (Psongs)
- Sandro Perri – Wolfman (Impossible Spaces)