Hamilton Place’s Studio Theatre is quickly becoming one of our favourite concert venues in Hamilton, and last night’s Sandro Perri show only reinforced that belief. The show started at a reasonable time, and for a bucks more than you’d pay at one of our city’s great club venues, the (seated & intimate) audience was treated to almost two hours of music from a fantastic songwriter and very talented bandmates.
So in tribute to Sandro’s quiet, unspoken style, let’s get straight to this week’s music, featuring a great new tracks from upcoming releases by Dirty Projectors, and M. Ward; plus Juno-winner Feist, Toronto’s The Wooden Sky, and a neat John Maus track created for Record Store Day (on April 21st).
So without any further ado, here’s this week’s show. Thanks for listening!
- Hospitality – Friends of Friends (Hospitality)
- Hooded Fang – Almost Done (Album)
- Years – The Major Lift (Years)
- Dirty Projectors – Gun Has No Trigger (Swing Lo Magellan)
- Feist – The Undiscovered First (Metals)
- John Maus – No Title (Molly) (Smuggler’s Way)
- Air – Seven Stars (Le Voyage Dans La Lune)
- Sleigh Bells – Crush (Reign Of Terror)
- Charli XCX – I’ll Never Know (TBA)
- M. Ward – Primative Girl (A Wasteland Companion)
- John K. Samson – Taps Reversed (Provincial)
- Pulp – Dishes (This Is Hardcore)
- Mogwai – Killing All The Flies (Happy Songs For Happy People)
- The Wooden Sky – Child of the Valley (Every Child A Daughter, Every Moon A Sun)
- Brian Eno – An Ending (Ascent) (Apollo: Atmospheres & Soundtracks)