Getting ready for the long goodbye, we play bunch of new music on this week’s show, including Beach House, Sweden’s jj, and Sun Kil Moon. And, of course, new music is always well complemented by old favourites by The Cure, Le Tigre, and Broken Social Scene.
The music probably says more than the words can, so give us a listen while you can: there are only a few episodes of myboytheriotgirl left before we go on a nice long summer hiatus following our ninth season on air.
And after that, who knows! Due to the time constraints of life, we’re thinking of taking a break from the weekly show format. Because indie-pop is a young person’s game, it’ll be good to clear the way for some new blood on the airwaves at CFMU 93.3FM in the autumn, but we’re considering the possibility of a less-frequent (bi-weekly? monthly?) podcast available here on our website, along with our annual Christmas and Best-of-the-Year shows.
So. What do you think, oh dear listeners?
- Beach House – Myth (Bloom)
- Daniel Rossen – Silent Song (Silent Hour / Golden Mile – EP)
- The Cure – Just Like Heaven (Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me)
- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros – Man on Fire (Here)
- Broken Social Scene – Almost Crimes (You Forgot It In People)
- Heyward Howkins – The Raucous Calls of Morning (Hale & Hearty)
- The Ettes – Teeth (Wicked Will)
- Sun Kil Moon – UK Blues (Among The Leaves)
- Demetra Penner – I Am Written (Lone Migration)
- jj – Beautiful Life (jj nº 4)
- Simian Mobile Disco – Seraphim (Seraphim)
- Le Tigre – Deceptacon (Le Tigre)
- Band of Skulls – You’re Not Pretty But You Got It Goin’ On (Sweet Sour)
- Cuff The Duke – Always Looking (In Our Time EP)