This week is a quick look back at some of the new music from 2012 that has been lingering on our iPods and ringing in our ears an awful lot. As you might have guessed from their regular appearances on the show, we can’t stop listening to Chairlift, Sleigh Bells and Shearwater, three American bands that put out very, very listenable discs earlier this year.
From closer to home, there’s Kathleen Edwards’ Voyageur, and Toronto’s Bahamas to keep us occupied. We also hear a track from Winnipeg’s Royal Canoe, via a recommendation from Music Between Friends / Indilicious on 93.3 CFMU. Those myboytheriotgirl fans looking to find other sources of indie-pop after we close up shop in June should look to Katie and Sasha for all their music needs.
We also hear some songs off of albums released late last year that are still growing on us, like those from Wilco and Underworld (going strong since before we were born!). And of course, sprinkled throughout are some classic tracks from local-boy Caribou, and a fave of Megan’s by Modest Mouse.
- Shearwater – You As You Were (Animal Joy)
- Chairlift – Wrong Opinion (Something)
- Underworld – Always Loved A Film (Barking)
- Caribou – The Barn (Marinoaudio)
- Royal Canoe – Hold on to the Metal (Extended Play)
- Field Music – Just Like Everyone Else (Plumb)
- Andrew Bird – Near Death Experience Experience (Break It Yourself)
- Kathleen Edwards – Going to Hell (Voyageur)
- Bahamas – Where You Go (Barchords)
- Sleigh Bells – Demons (Reign Of Terror)
- Grandaddy – Hewlett’s Daughter (The Sophtware Slump)
- Wilco – I Might (The Whole Love)
- Lykke Li – Unrequited Love (Wounded Rhymes)
- Modest Mouse – Bukowski (Good News For People Who Love Bad News)