This was meant to be your Victoria Day long weekend playlist, but in true V-day style, the long-weekend festivities spilled out from their three-day container and into real life. We did, however, hear the new Japandroids track a billion times, and we love it (so press play and hear it)!
But fear not, this week’s show is a two-hour, multi-purpose extravaganza billed as the last one programmed just by Mike before we bow out for the summer, and as playlist to it. Hopefully this 29 song show (chock-full of new & timeless Canadian indie tracks) will tide you over until our next and final show, on June 6th, programmed by yours truly.
Check out tracks off new albums by PS I Love You, Best Coast, Patrick Watson, Great Lake Swimmers, & Zeus, and sit back and nod along to Mike’s hometown faves Manitoba, Junior Boys & Luke Doucet. Plus he couldn’t avoid a trip down memory lane with more than a few stops in the 90s.
So join us again in a couple of weeks when we’ll sign off with a three-hour show, giving you five final hours to get you through the long, hot summer!
- Japandroids – The House That Heaven Built (Celebration Rock)
- Rush – The Spirit Of Radio (Permanent Waves)
- Manitoba – Bijoux (Up In Flames)
- The Rural Alberta Advantage – Don’t Haunt This Place (Hometowns)
- Zeus – Are You Gonna’ Waste My Time? (Busting Visions)
- Luke Doucet and the White Falcon – Love and a Steady Hand (Steel City Trawler)
- PS I Love You – Toronto (Death Dreams)
- Wolf Parade – Call It A Ritual (At Mount Zoomer)
- Crystal Castles – Not In Love (Feat. Robert Smith) (single)
- Ladytron – High Rise (Witching Hour)
- Curve – Faît Accompli (Pubic Fruit)
- Sloan – She Says What She Means (Navy Blues)
- Great Lake Swimmers – I Will Never See The Sun (TTC Version) (New Wild Everywhere)
- Elliott BROOD – West End Sky (Days Into Years)
- Iron & Wine – Belated Promise Ring (Around The Well)
- Mogwai – 2 Rights Make 1 Wrong (Rock Action)
- The National – Squalor Victoria (Boxer)
- Rock Plaza Central – Anthem For The Already Defeated (Are We Not Horses)
- Plants and Animals – Why & Why (The End of That)
- Best Coast – Let’s Go Home (The Only Place)
- Elliott Smith – Independence Day (XO)
- PJ Harvey – C’mon Billy (To Bring You My Love)
- The Tragically Hip – So Hard Done By (Day For Night)
- Radiohead – No Surprises (OK Computer)
- Patrick Watson – Into Giants (Adventures In Your Own Backyard)
- Belle & Sebastian – Is It Wicked Not To Care? (The Boy With The Arab Strap)
- Laura Veirs – Snow Camping (Carbon Glacier)
- Junior Boys – Teach Me How to Fight (Last Exit)
- Jenn Grant – Stars To Waves (Honeymoon Punch)